Holly Beach Farm
Holly Beach Farm was designed as a classic Maryland five-part plan mansion in 1907 by architect Douglas H. Thomas, Jr. The architectural design features multiple historic references to the traditions of Georgian architecture in Maryland. It has generous proportions, a sweeping staircase, and one of the earliest known examples of residential use of precast concrete floor plank. Thomas’ architectural firm, Parker, Thomas and Rice, was Baltimore’s answer to McKim, Mead and White at the turn of the century.
Bohl Architects created a master plan for the restoration and modernization of the building. Renovations included the installation of new infrastructure and interior spacial organization for modern family life.